Whatever time slot you have available – I can customize a training session that fits the learning objectives, learner desires and needs of your organization.
Available for: Seminars, workshops, lunch-n-learns, webinars, hands-on-training, trends recaps, keynote speeches and more
Want an in-depth skills brush-up or to get serious hands-on experience? Let’s do a 1/2 day or more on-site workshop!
Just need to check up on the latest topics and trends in marketing + communications and how they affect your library? Let’s talk lunch-n-learn or a webinar!
Sample 1/2 Day On-Site Workshops Ready for You:
Some topics can be done as 1-1/5 hour summary reviews or less than a ½ day workshop – contact me to discuss
Strategy First Marketing
Good marketing starts with a strategy. Not the events, the flyers or the social media posts. We work through your organizational goals and how they translate to marketing goals, then strategies and finally to actions. How to measure the effectiveness of your actions and when to change course; how to figure out the right marketing mix for your library and community; and the 10 components of a fully strategized marketing plan. This workshop includes examples of plans, tactics and content that libraries can use to build plans for their communities and users. There is always ample opportunity for interaction, sharing successes and questions. Get the strategy first and your marketing will be smarter … and easier!
Marketing Plans 101
You know how to build a strategy, what your SMART goals should be and who you are talking to. Let’s put it together in a custom marketing plan, fill out the details and start crafting compelling messages to show off all the good that your library is doing! This workshop focuses on creating a plan for one key audience or target, with a core set of events or promotions. This is not about creating a plan for your whole library or system … check out my consulting services to work together on a holistic library marketing plan.
Content Marketing + Content Creation for Libraries
Content marketing is applicable well beyond the business world – nonprofits are jumping on the bandwagon. What can your library do to take advantage of this new way of marketing? We will cover what content marketing is, and what it’s not; why you’re probably not using this technique; why you should care about content; the basics of a content strategy and the 6 types of content all organizations need to have in their creative tool kit.
- Be able to select at least one key content format to focus on in your library’s marketing/communications
- Be able to use templates, guides and other tools to create content – include a content calendar for at least the next quarter
- Understand and identify what content marketing is and what is the role content strategy
Using Video to Tell Your Library’s Story
Who knows stories better than libraries?! BUT … we often don’t do a good enough job of telling our OWN story. So let’s get better at it. How you tell it on video can also be used in other formats – but let’s go straight for this supreme story superpower first.
Video is a powerful storytelling medium. It’s emotional, inspirational, educational, interactive … and growing all the time. Are you using it to spread the news about YOUR library? Why not? No one knows stories better than libraries! Get the facts on video marketing, basic tech tools and tips and get your story shared. Learn how to tell your library’s story with video marketing in this hands-on workshop. You CAN do video cheaply, easily AND effectively.
Website Audit(s) – getting found, seen and liked
Learn principles of good site design, improve your users’ experiences, keep your branding consistent, use available tools to improve functions and aesthetics, make your web copy compelling and attractive and work through the steps to make sure your site is talking to the right segments of your audience and community. We will talk the basics of good, ‘white hat’ SEO and improving your library’s findability through tech and good content.
Great for conferences, system-wide meetings or association gatherings. Bring your marketing materials, collateral, posters, releases, newsletters, signage and more for a quick evaluation and feedback.
- Design tips, headline hints, copy-writing clues
- Share the best-of-the-bunch with your fellow librarians – learn from each others’ work and winning pieces
Other Training Topics – many available for shorter sessions:
- Marketing 101 – Avoiding the top 10 sins of marketing plans
- Creating Custom Marketing Plans – where do I start?
- What’s a UVP (Unique Value Proposition) and why do I need one?
- Basics of Media and PR – or why you can’t just send a press release and plead
- SMART goal setting – Smart Marketing Starts with SMART Goals
- What is Content Marketing and Why Should I Care?
- Content Marketing to Take Your Organization’s Brand to the Next Level
- Top tips for creating an editorial calendar to keep on track
- Content Creation Mastery
- Social media integration to marketing
- Word of Mouth … or Word of Mouse Marketing
- Video Marketing Mastery – Without Fancy Gear, A Studio or Stephen Spielberg
- Email Marketing – for nonprofits, groups or the solopreneur
- Creative copy – writing effective teasers, headlines and more
- Crafting Target Personas So Your Promotions Talk to the Right People
- Social Media Monitoring for Brand Building
- Design Tips for the Non-Designer
If there is a marketing, communications, PR, design or social media topic you and your library are interested in that’s not this list or my public speaking topics list – contact me and let’s create a custom session together!