Updated May 24, 2018
Ok, I’m kind of impressed you clicked and came to read this page. My responsible lawyer friends and web experts say even small, solopreneur businesses like mine need to have these official pages and notices. Even though they are boring and usually a pain to read. BUT … it’s important stuff and I take my readers, my clients, and my community seriously. So I’ve done my best to translate the legalese into real, readable English, but it’s up to you smart folks to read the stuff here. It’s all here because I respect you, want you to be safe, and I don’t want you to hear from my legal folks – or worse!
Here’s the basic deal:
I run this website so that people like you (and your friends and people you like and send here) can use it for personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and or just general web happiness. I make no promises or guarantees. Please, browse around and read all you like.
You can download the stuff I make freely available, but only for your non-commercial, personal or educational use. That means you can’t pass my stuff off as yours. You can’t sell it. If you download items, please do not fool around with or change the copyright or other notices on any documents, ebooks, photos, or other digital items. They’re there for good reasons and to protect me.
Don’t even think about distributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting, or anything else uncool (or that even seems possibly uncool) with anything on the website (that includes text, images, audio, video, anything else digital that could appear here) for public or any commercial purposes unless you have my specific written permission. [yes, you can share the blog posts and pages on social media as long as you point people back here and don’t claim it as your own. That kind of sharing is cool] Assume everything is copyrighted and you can’t claim or use it as your own.
But the basics in non-legalese are this: yes, I use email marketing and collect limited data from you when you opt-in and consent to have me send you tips, tool recommendations, marketing ideas, surveys, or other things I find useful for you or that may help me promote my business. You will always have the right to unsubscribe and not get email marketing messages from me again. I won’t ever sell the info you give me. If I have to share it with a 3rd party (like the software I use for sending you emails, registering for webinars, automatically sending you PDFs or goodies you requested) then I will explicitly ask permission.
I make recommendations for books, software, apps, gadgets, courses, and other products – only based on what I think are high quality, useful items. These are items I believe in and frequently use. I make a good faith effort to only recommend items I either personally use, have tested, or else have faith in the reputation of the provider or concept. In many cases (but not all) the URL/link provided is an affiliate link.
What’s an “affiliate link“? It means I may receive a small commission if you take action or make a purchase from that link. I may not be able to note these connections with every link shared, so it’s better to assume that with links to products, gear, software, bucks and such, there is some material connection and I may receive some compensation if you decide, after your own research, to make a purchase. I always recommend you look out for yourself, do research on any tools, software, or offers before you make a purchase of any product or service, from this website or any other. Any commission or small payment means I can keep on getting software, books, or gadgets to test out and tell you about, and keep this website up and running and providing information to you.
If you visit my site, you’re also legally obligated to (read: you are required/bound/responsible) the terms and conditions here, and to any other laws or regulations that apply to this site, the Internet, the whole World Wide Web, the state of Pennsylvania, and any other relevant, covering jurisdiction. If you have problems or concerns with that, please don’t access, browse, read, or use the site – just stop right there. Yes, right now. Because now that you’ve started reading and learning you’re really bound by (stuck with) these terms and conditions.
Top Rules for Smart Folks Using IntelliCraft Research:
- Assume everything on this site is copyrighted unless I say it’s not or list other permissions. So, you can’t use anything on the website except how I say you can on this page or anywhere else on this site, without my written permission. And it’s not likely I’ll give permission to use my stuff just willy-nilly. I’m a big respecter of copyright and you should be too. Even if I did just say ‘do whatever’, the lawyers and legal minds are gonna step in and veto that. So, it’s just better if you don’t take anything and don’t ask to use it as yours.
- While I try my hardest to include accurate stuff on the site (hey, I have that extra degree in research after all!), I am not promising you that it IS always accurate. I’m not promising anything other than fun, entertainment, and maybe education. This site is solely for informational and educational purposes. Any application you make of the techniques, ideas, and suggestions presented on this site is done at the reader’s sole discretion and risk. Please don’t call if there’s a problem because I assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
- I (and anybody else who helps me create, produce, or deliver the site or its contents) are not liable for any damages you may suffer while you use it. Lawyers want you to know that my disclaimer includes “direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site.” The author and publisher of this site (that’s me) make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site and its contents. IntelliCraft Research LLC and Jennifer Burke disclaims all such representations and warranties including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability for any particular purpose. “please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.” [wow. Ugh. Sorry about the legalese but there’s just no other way to say that and be good. The gist is this – I’m not responsible if you’re browsing and reading and the site somehow damages your computer in some way. I really hope that never happens, but if it does, it’s not on us]
- Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either my property (I do love photography!) or they are someone else’s property and I have the license, permission, and or right to use them. I respect copyright and so should you. That means any photos are definitely NOT your property. You can’t use any of these photos unless I have expressly said you could, on this page or somewhere else on this site. Trust me, IF I give permission to use a photo, you’ll know it. Be cool, because unauthorized use may violate all kinds of laws.
- You’ll probably see I’ve linked this site to lots of other sites. While I try to check that they’re all cool, and stay cool, it doesn’t mean I have looked in depth at 100% of those sites, nor check them regularly to see what’s going on there, or make sure they stay good and cool. I hope they do. But I am not liable (read: not to blame) if some site goes rogue, links to bad stuff, offends you, or is just a dead end black hole on the web. Click those links and check out the stuff, but remember you’re doing it at your own risk.
- I’m allowed to change this page. Or any page on this site. At any time. That’s because it’s my site and I either have the skills to change anything whenever I feel like it, or can hire folks to do it for me. Plus, stuff on the web changes all the time. And the cost of business changes all the time. So there will be changes. If I do make changes, then you’re bound by (read: stuck with) those changes too, whenever you come back to visit.
All advice provided on this website is for general informational and educational purposes. I am not responsible nor liable for what you choose to do with this information, nor for any losses that may occur as a result of information provided on this site. You are smart folks, so please use your own judgment.
Earnings Disclaimer – for coaching, ‘rent my brain’, workshops, or information products
I make every effort to accurately represent my products or services and their potential to be useful and helpful to you. Any testimonials, representations or examples offered of past results or successes are intended only for illustrative purposes only. Though I make every effort to ensure they’re factually honest, they are not intended to imply what is likely to happen to you. No representation is made or implied that you will achieve the same/similar results from similar techniques or strategies offered.
I make no guarantees as to any earnings, income, or money to be made/received using any of the advice or strategies shared. I make no guarantee as to other results of advice or strategies offered. Your outcomes depend on you, your skills, your level of experience, your organizational situation, your aptitude, your attitude, and the time you devote to study and/or application of any educational or informational materials you receive.
Whew. Aren’t you glad that’s all out of the way?!